Thursday, 22 January 2009

Fanatical

*dusts off blog*

Hello again old friend. Sorry for the temporary abandonment - life got in the way.

I've been back in SA for exactly 6 months and 6 days and so far, I've chalked up:
1 x job
1 x car
1 x flat (seeking flatmate)
1 x new hobby
1 x new step dad
1 x brother in law

Not bad for six months work.

So yeah - My mom and my sister have decided to walk down the aisle - to thier respective betrothed. Which means 2009 is the year of veils and bad DJs, hen parties, dress fittings and venue hunting.
Personally - I just want to show up and get drunk. Possibly laid, too.

But nooooo.... being the big sister / oldest daughter means I'm pulled strapped into the rollercoaster kicking and screaming all under the guise of being 'Head Bridesmaid / Maid of Honour'. WTF?

What do you have against weddings? I hear you ask.
Well, nothing, really. I've been attending and organising weddings since I could walk, and I generally have no issue with them. Especially if the reception has an open bar.
But lately, I've become extrememly disallusioned about the whole holy matrimony concept. Its a fucking joke. And I don't see the point in losing your mind trying to arrange the perfect wedding only to spend half that in a few years trying to undo the knot you tied while under the influence of regular shagging.

I've got a bonfire ready - bring on the big white dresses. I wanna see 'em burn.


Digg!

No comments: