Tuesday, 12 June 2007

Stoopid!

So the White Stripes released thier first single 'Rag & Bone' on a limited edition red vinyl 7".

Fab.

If only I could coax my dvd player into opening wide enough to accept it. DOH!

Spent this week doing 4 double shifts in a row. I've clocked up about 66hrs a week in working. I had two days off, but being a sucker and laptop-less, I decided to take two single shifts covering today and tomorrow before my next double shift session starts.

Stoopid.

Speaking of...

I'm tired of dealing with the Stoopid people making Stoopid requests and asking Stoopid questions. Yes, they do exist.

No, we don't sell Malibu/Archers/J2O.

Which of the 15 types of brand lager do you want?

Ice with that?

No, I don't want to make you a cup of coffee - Starbucks is right next door. So fuck off!

Strangely enough, I can deal with this level of ignoramousy from the comfort of a desk, behind a computer screen, but not when I've been on my feet for nearly 15 hrs, emitting seven types of eau de booze, my fingers are raw from being plunged alternately into hot steam or ice and my face is shiny enough to require patrons to wear sunglasses when ordering.

I don't give a shit if you want two or four blocks of ice in your drink. I don't care if you only drink through a straw - cos we've run out. You ordered a vodka cranberry and so you will drink it the way I serve it.

Why?

Cos I'm the barman, and I'm always right.

Innit?




Digg!

4 comments:

Peaches said...

Yowzis!

Anonymous said...

in a word

The xGW said...

do let me know which bar you work in so i know where *not* to fuck with the bar staff! ;)

Anonymous said...

The Phoenix, Cavendish Square, London
The Dignity, Finchley Central
The Devonshire Arms, Kensington.

See you there!