Friday, 24 November 2006

First posting of the day...and its far too bright

Typical of me to start my new blog with a post about being hungover...

My biggest fear has been confirmed - I'm sober! i'm not a dry drunk or a wet drunk or a drunk drunk. My liver has healed the wounds i inflicted on it back home and now i am paying for my soberness. or is it my brokeness that caused the soberness?

Anyway...

I'm not much of a hypochondriac, so hear me out on this.
For the past few weeks, my torso/chest area has been sore. I can't see why it should be cos i haven't really been doing anything to inflict pain. and its not a specific type of pain. its more like i've been put through a pizza dough roller machine a few times. Every fibre hurts. It even hurts to breath, to stay still, to move, to do anything really.

So last night we had the farewell drinks for one of our photographers. She is moving to New Zealand. I got there pretty late due to being on a bus for 45 minutes and then the tube for another 15 minutes. So i really needed a drink. I ordered my Strongbow (bad idea number 1) hoping th ealcohol would numb the pain that was encasing my body. I really felt like i had been through a scrum with the all black rugby team. yes i was really in a lot of inexplicable pain.

Moving on...

I drank my drink and began to chat to my colleagues and joke etc etc. then i discovered that the bathrooms were downstairs. Who the hell puts pub bathrooms in a place that requires stair access?????

The rest of the night is a blur of me drinking, fallin ginto cab, overpaying cab, falling out of cab, throwin gmy lighter at Nats window, getting fed by her, and going to bed. then i overslept this morning and skulked into the office an hour late!

And i'm still sore!! its not heart attack pains, its not collapsed lung pain, its just this constant all over bruising pain.

i'm going to go drink a box of Neurofen and try to get through the rest of my day...

No comments: