Tuesday, 28 November 2006

Business as usual...

Business as usual…

So I’m doing my daily morning read of various blogs, realising that compared to most, I lead a rather boring life. I go to work, go home, surf the internet, gossip with Nats about the day’s events, then go sleep. Very boring indeed…

And it isn’t my fault really. I blame my payroll. I have far too much life for the amount I earn. Well, that and credit card debt. But you gotta love the credit card!!

I know I wasn’t tagged to do a dinner party line up, but you know what..i’ve never been one to wait my turn.

For my dinner party, the guests would be:

Katherine Hepburn (actress and womans rights activist)
Audrey Hepburn (actress and UN ambassador)
Tim Burton (director)
Winston Churchill (politian)
Pablo Fransisco (comedian)
John Peel (DJ)
Janet Evanovich (brilliant writer)
Prince William (future monarch)
John D Negroponte (head of the CIA)
Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy/Angel/Firefly)

To serve them I would have:

Mugabe (he deserves servitude)
The Monty Python team (just for the laughs)
The North Korean Dictator
Stalin
Zuma (he deserves servitude too)

Topics of discussion:

Zuma’s trials
Secrets of the CIA
Joss Whedon’s mind
Tim Burtons mind
Evolution of music from 1970 til today
How to achieve world peace.
The advantages to smoking cigars and drinking heavily.
Monarchy vs anarchy.

Playlist for the evening:

Norah Jones (chilled jazzy background music)
Katie Melua
Ella Fitgerald
Josh Groban
Mr Bungle
The Infected Mushrooms
White Stripes (acoustic sets)
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.
The Bang.

Don’t even ask about the menu. I’d serve them all good S’Affer food such as bobotie, my mom’s butternut soup, and for dessert – milktart. All with generous glasses of Drosty hof extra light red and amarula cream on ice to end the evening.

Looks like it’ll be an awesome evening.

9 comments:

Peas on Toast said...

And melktart to boot! I love it Insomniac. :) And Stalin would be a hoot. (No chocolate for you, it's a capitalist thing old man.")

That said, your letter to the suicidal fuckwit down below is hilarious, in one of those black humour ways.
Brilliant.

:)

Katie Possum said...

Oh, ye impatient one. I've had a mind-f*ck of a morning or I would have done this earlier, but you've been tagged by me! And now you've already done it, so I guess you can skip the middle bit and go tag other people! :)

Anonymous said...

Wait you are missing ......Eric Draven.

Don't know who he is? HA HA

Insane Insomniac said...

Peas - Glad to see you on my little blog. thanks for the comment!

Kate - Yep, patience is not a virtue i own. Thanks for the post!

Swaer - who is Eric Draven??

sdfa sdfasdfadsf said...

Hey! I was tagged along with you at Kate's party. So, looks like we'll be working together for an evening. Hah.

Just found your blog now... giving it a read.

Cheers mate.

ChewTheCud said...

eric draven - that would be the crow if i'm not mistaken. very 90's cool - the image was spoiled by subsequent naff sequels ;P

Katie Possum said...

chew the cud - spot on as usual! :)

Insane Insomniac said...

I should have know who Eric Draven is. Thanks Chew for the answer.

Kevin - Checked out yoru blog. Good Stuff!

Insane Insomniac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.