Friday, 09 May 2008

I'm back...sort of

I know my updating has been sparse lately, but I have a very good reason.

I'm fucking busy.

I've decided to grab the proverbial career bull by teh horns and wrestle my career out of it by myself.
Sure there isn't the comfort of steady pay, cushy chairs, free weekends and free coffee.
But at the same time I don't have to listen to colleagues bitch about thier stupid offspring, I work with people who actually know who Offspring is, no staff meetings, no performance reviews and no corporate wear.

Sure I'll still be serving pints as the back up income, but I'm not going to wait around for someone to hand me my dream job. I'm tenatious that way.

Now, between reviewing gigs for Seatwave.com and cross posting them on WickedRock, I'm also trawling MySpace for venues to book my two month tour of Europe with two amazing bands.
I'm not going to lie - its fucking intimidating. But, dude, I'm from Jo'burg. It takes more than a continent filled with morons to intimidate me.

Now if you need me I'll be over here reading smut on LJ working hard at finding bookings.

No comments: