Tuesday, 15 May 2007

Bargain Hunting

One of the fascinating things about the british is thier fondness of buying from a catalogue. Call me crazy, but I prefer to handle the goods prior to purchase.

Argos and Ikea are teh two major homeware places to go when furnishing one's home.

So Louis had to furnish her flat - the one above the Phoenix where I have been a temporary flatmate- with a few essentials eg a kettle, crockery, cutlery etc...

She takes me to Argos in Oxford Street. I was ready to grab a trolley and stroll up and down aisles a la Dion/Game in SA.

Instead, we went upto a counter that housed a keypad and a huge catalogue. (the Laminated Book of Dreams).

She then chose the items she wanted, filled in a little piece of paper, paid and then they brought the goods to a collection counter. We then wrestled our way down Oxford street carrying the goodies. This is no mean feat...Oxford street is awful!!! Everyone pushing to get to where they want to go, fucking tourists stopping dead in the middle of the pavement to gawk! Get a move on here!!!!

Onto other news...

I'm officially moved into my new flat - see pics below. I'm still moving my boxes one at a time from Nat's place to my new one..but at least today is my day off, so i can get far more done. Like laundry. ugh!





Dunno if I should mention this, but I have a date on Sunday.

The job hunt continues... Start working on Wimpole Str on Friday as a receptionist and one of the regulars at The Dignity (the third pub I work for) is a recruitment consultant and has asked for my CV. In the meantime, the three pubs are keeping me busy.

I miss my laptop.



Digg!

2 comments:

Champagne Heathen said...

Great to hear you have moved. It should help your head!

And good luck with the job hunt.

But most NB - ENJOY THE DATE!!! Even if it comes to nothing, just enjoy it. Man, I love going on dates. Even if I depise the guy, I LOVE the rituals of a date.

Anonymous said...

and those are???

Is there some hoodoo voodoo involved??