Friday, 04 May 2007

In Review

I just realised that I haven't mentioned anything about my insane vacation!

Here is the abridged cos I only have 20minutes left version:

1st weekend - 5- 9 April 2007
Left Gatwick airport after "donating" some of my luggage as it was deemed overweight. This included two pairs of jeans, old tekkies and my towel as well as my toiletries.
Landed on a warm Jozi day, went straight to the mall, bought new jeans and el cheapo tekkies for Splashy Fen.
Drove down to Splashy Fen. Spent first night in teh car.
Next day, after blantantly refusing to waltz around in a pink nurses uniform, Mike gave me a red t-shirt with a white first aid cross on it and a nurses hat. Proceeded to walk around the whoel day sellign cd's and drinking beer.
Day two was pretty much the same, although I had a friend in tow to keep me company. He got funnelled at one camp and had red sambuca lit in his mouth at another. Not bad for this 17yr old's first Splashy. My mom's two brothers came along with thier brood and just added to the mayhem. These grown men are still juvenile delinquents at heart.
Spent the entire fest in teh same jeans, living on wetwipe baths and fresh underwear.
Only got to see Sunday night's line up which was superb!
Harris Tweed, Chris Chameleon, Taxi Violence, and Lark kicked ass!!

2nd weekend - 13-16th April
It was Craig's 21st birthday party. Morrocan theme.
Having spent most of the week looking for something to wear, settled on beaded slip on's and gypsy skirt with a lot of scarves.
Got really hammered.
Went to the Doors afterwards where I yet again made an ass of myself. Severely hungover on the Sunday.

3rd weekend - 21-23 April
Lollipops 21st. Pirate theme.
Spent the whole day setting up and making teh awesome champers cocktails.
Drank a lot, DJ'ed, Lollipop disappeared, then her friend's punked out.
Saw birthday girl in hospital, where she sang Rehab while as high as a kite on painkillers.

4th weekend - 26 - 30 April
Went down to Sodwana Bay.
Pissed with rain the first two night.
On teh second night our tent ripped due to the storm. Promptly booked into a B'nB nearby for the rest of the weekend.

Came home.

Flight back was cancelled. Took later flight on SAA.

And that was my trip home!

Linkin Park played the AStoria last night. Wanted to go, but didn't have money and was exhausted from flat hunting. Still...it was a you-had-to-be-there moment.


Digg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the perfect holiday, booze, sunshine, tunes and a trip to hospital. aaaah, good times :)

Anonymous said...

you said it!