Friday, 11 May 2007

Catch Up

Things have been a little hectic of late.

This little insano has been flat hunting, job hunting and sleep hunting for the past few weeks.
Results?
Flat found - move in tomorrow.
Job found - start Monday
Sleep - pending.

The past few weeks have really shown me the amazing support system that can be built up by not pissing people off and working one's arse off.
For example...

I started working at the pub in December on a part time basis. Did my job well, didn't screw anyone over and generally had fun. When they found out my full time job was no longer there, immediate offers of full time employment was given.
Not only that, but my manager and mate gave me a couch to sleep on while I went about looking for a flat.
I guess, in a way, I really enjoy working in a bar. Just wish it paid more! The hours are awful, my feet and legs are in constant pain and the customers don't tip, but there's something theraputic about pouring that perfect pint and uber cool about mixing drinks.

Ok, I blame Tom Cruise and that movie of his - Cocktails. To a six year old, being a carribean barman is the ultimate cool thing.

I would rant, but i don't have the energy. Need to save it for tonight's shift. And tomorrow morning's move as well as tomorrow night's shift and I think i'm working Sunday too. Oh well, no rest for the broke.

But below are two vids I recommend...

I give you the new White Stripes single - Icky Thump.
About bloody time.


And here is the preview to the MCR video for Teenagers. Can't wait for the full vid to hit our broadband-waves!!! May 15 2007



Digg!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that was a great simpsons episode! Get some sleep :-P

Anonymous said...

its a work in progress