Monday, 05 March 2007

And then the wheels fell off...

i'm not one to deny the fact that yes, I enjoy the good night out. However, London is not one of those places.
Saturday night started off all innocent...I shaved my legs, got all dressed up and made my way down to Carnaby Street to a club called Zebranos. Had every intention of leaving after one drink to go home and sleep. Yes, despite the getting dressed up!
Was a colleagues birthday party and well, one beer turned into two and I ended up having a pretty good time and was relatively sober when I left to catch the bus home.

However,

As I was standing waiting for the bus, wrangling with my mp3 player which has decided to die on me, I had the sudden and urgent need to pee. So I headed down teh street to my pub to use the facilities. As I was abotu to leave, the bouncers said I shoudl go downstairs and join the Rebel Rebel party night. Which I did.
I also met John Fratelli. Yep. Shook his hand, told him I had a great time at teh Apple Store gig and then went to get a beer.

After that, the night turns sketchy and all I really recall is some dancing, me throwing up, discreetly, then being bundled into a cab, arguing with teh cabbie for a reciept and waking up the next afternoon to discover a business card in my bra.

hmmmm...

And today the hangover hits me. Today. So am nursing it with coffee and doughnuts. Also woke up to a cold sore on my top lip.

So on the painful commute, I sat wondering...

Should I give up drinking all together?
It has led to most of my cringeworthy moments in life so far. But at the same time, i thoroughly enjoy that hazy feeling that a good glass of wine gives me. And I love tequila shots.
So no, I'm not going to give up drinking.
Well, only in public.
From now on, I'd only drink at home, where I know where my bed is, i don't need to wear high heels or deal with catching a cab.

Moving on...

Still flat hunting. Still job hunting.

Joyce is still crazy and P is still annoying.

will be funny and witty another time.

[UPDATE: Turns out, I gatecrashed John Fratellis Birthday Party. And the business card belonged to one of his mates.]

8 comments:

Revolving Credit said...

Uummm....seeing as you were a bit on the far side of sobriety, do you recall whether the business card in your bra was just a 'call me sometime' or a 'thank you card'??

Anonymous said...

well, it was for a photographer and I think it was for the call me sometime version.

Revolving Credit said...

Ya think or ya know??

Maybe he already has some compromising pics??

Anonymous said...

doubtful.
I woke up with all my clothes on and i doubt my workmates would have let me get into any compromising situations.

sdfa sdfasdfadsf said...

There's no need to give up drinking... just moderate it ;)

And Splashy Fen is going to be awesome!

Revolving Credit said...

One of John Fratelli's mates has got drunken naked picture of you??

Anonymous said...

So about that drink you and i are going to have when i'm back in London...

Anonymous said...

NO! There was no removing of clothes! None!

Wrangler - When you're in town let me know..I'll stick to coffee.