Thursday, 08 February 2007

Bubbled

Being phoneless is a double edged sword.

On one hand, I like not being hounded by stupid, pointless sms's from flatmate P asking when I'll be home etc.

On the other hand, I miss my music and being able to take photos, like for today, when it's snowing beautifully! Everything is coated in white and looks like a christmas card, except that it isn't xmas.

My Apple obsessed boss asked me why I didn't own an iPod. There are many reasons, one of them being - why would I want an external mp3 player that has crappy battery life and those stupid white headphones. I liked my phone cos it was an mp3 player, camera and phone all in one. And don't bringin the iPhone cos it is irrelevant until it is released worldwide. There's also the music copyright issue that iTunes has with other mp3 players and well, an entire glossary of why I won't buy from Apple.



Vs
















But that aside, I forgot how much I treasure the hour it takes me to get to and from work, as that is the only time I have to me and my head and the swirling vortex that makes up my mental process. Without the music to cocoon me, I'm subjected to the jarring, noisy reality that is the London underground, including its colourful characters. I'd rather the cocoon. Thanks. Its here that I can really concentrate on what i'm listening to and where my best musical observations materialise. SIGH.

Its also snowing today. Which is cool, cos i'm not sick so I can go build a snowman later! yay! Wait, I think I mentioned it already. I'm just so excited. Snow is still very much a novelty in my little universe.

I need a cup of strong Java and then I'll be able to tackle my list of to do today. wish me luck!!

5 comments:

SaM-GiRL said...

Yeah, its scary when you try to think how you were able to live without a cellphone before...

Revolving Credit said...

Dear Boss

I'm really glad that you are concerned with my welfare and have noticed that I don't have an iPOD.
Seeing as you treasure me that much I can only assume that you a looking to fulfil this need in the near future.Maybe an anonymous valentines gift. Maybe an easter iPod egg.

Yours in anticipation
I.I.I.

Anonymous said...

sam - welcoem to my blog, and thanks for the comment.
Yeah, i treasure my cell more than my liver!!

Rev - hehehehehe. Nice.
Thing is, I'm ANTI Apple, so no iPod for me. I'd much rather have a raise. Think he'll give one to me if I adopt the Apple look?

Revolving Credit said...

"Thing is, I'm ANTI Apple, so no iPod for me. I'd much rather have a raise. Think he'll give one to me if I adopt the Apple look? "

Pardon me, but it sounds like you adopting Apple will give your boss a hard-on???

Anonymous said...

more than likely...