Wednesday, 07 February 2007

Debating Debauchery

Yesterday was on of the most bizarre days of my life.

The events of yesterday have me on a knife's edge. Do I sit and mope, repeating 'why me?' to the heavens. Or do I shake it off, think positive and make a plan?

Obviously me being me, I'm making a plan. But let me first give you a rundown of the day.

Went to work, as one does to pay rent. Left work early to go stand on Regents Street, in the freezing cold, for three hours, to go see an exclusive, free, acoustic gig of The Fratellis.

They were great! A little buggered from their trip in Germany, they played pretty well. Surprisingly, the drummer, Mince Fratelli, is actually a kick ass guitarist! The 300 strong crowd crammed into the mezzanine of the Apple store, surrounded by nervous looking Apple staff – obviously worried that someone would try to steal an Apple product (as if!?!)

I was lucky enough to get a front row standing spot, just behind the plush theatre style seats of which there were four rows. So it was pretty intimate.

I love gigs like this. It was recorded and will be available on iTunes from next week. I'm the punter singing karaoke style along with them.

Moving on.

I then met up with the Ozzie chef I met at the bus stop a few weeks ago. We headed to the Dublin Castle – a great spot for a pint or two…or three.

Then somehow ended up at another place – Bartok. I'm not a fan of it, but somehow we became embroiled in a political discussion with an ex surfer from Durban and a dreadlocked politics student.

The hours flew by.

Ended up falling into and out of a cab in the wee hours of this morning before promptly passing out in bed.


This morning brought the discovery that somewhere in my traversing last night, I lost my phone. This really put a dampner on my pretty good mood. My Fratellis photos were on there! So now I need to go and buy a new phone. Shit!

And it is going to snow tomorrow. Which means London will grind to a stand still.



I'll be under my desk if anyone asks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

*slap to back of the head*
That's for losing your phone in stupid drunken revelry. Fot that you suck because the same thing happened to Samantha (that friend of mine that you hate so much)

But on the other hand. I am sorry for your loss and losing the Fratelli's pics. hope you come right.

Kitties...aaawwww....

Anonymous said...

shit happens. i'm dealing with it. just in very bad mood now.

In fact, HIGHLY FUCKED OFF!!