Monday, 26 February 2007

Island Style

Its official! i am an island. Alone. Far away from similar islands. I'm not even part of an archipelgo. Even here in blogsphere, I realise that as much as I enjoy reading everyone's blogs+, I doubt if I would actually be in the same social circles as them.
i read about hectic nights out at Manhattans, Moloko, Joe Kools etc etc and know for a fact that those are not places I would go to. firstly cos I've been and they sucked and secondly, cos they just suck.
Maybe my interests are just so left of centre, I can't seem to find common ground with anyone.
But I'm not a loner who suffers in the corner. I have friends with similar interests, but over here its different.

Enough self pity...onto the weekend.

Worked on Friday night. Did pretty well tips wise. After work, my boss bought us a round of drinks, then we went downstairs and had some more. It ended with me kinda drunk-ed and my boss sayign I better go home, cos I'm working in the morning. Woke up with ten minutes to spare, found half eaten parcel of chips that i must have bought on the way home, nuked and chowed them for breakfast. was an hour late for work...slinked in and began cutting limes.
A completely underated chore, by the way.
Met up with Natz for a drink to catch up on her holiday.

One thing that grates me is when you're sitting in a pub with someone and they recieve a phonecall on thier cell and proceed to sit and chat to that person while all you can do is look around and drink your drink. fucks me right off!! Rather say "I'm busy having a drink with a mate, can i call you back"

Spent the rest of saturday night and early sunday morning playing music and working on my ever growing novel. May have to turn it into a miniseries!!

Then came Sunday evening...the pub staff meeting with wine/beer tasting afterwards.
The meeting part was boring. I spaced out...completely. Then came the wine tasting part. We started on teh white wines then moved onto the reds (granted, we sell 11 different types of each). Halfway through the red wine, everyone was getting rather smashed. By the end of the fancy beer tasting, I had reached the stage of drunkendness that I knew was a bad idea, so I made my excuses and left. It was already 11pm! And I have to work today...apparently.
Yes, i'm so hardcore!
Today is Focus on Work day. I'm going to make up for the slacking I did last week. If only to guarentee myself a job for when I get back.

+And I do so love reading the hilarious/thought provokling/just plain entertaining scripts of everyone.

3 comments:

Champagne Heathen said...

But that is the best thing. Having mates so different from your usual likes & dislikes and groups.

I have many friends who know I refuse to join at their weekly places (be it Manhattan's or their couch) & many who I know have to be dragged to the places I enjoy, and doing the things I do.

You get to explore so much more of life and get to stay so broadminded if you keep in touch with those friends who are so different!

Anonymous said...

Very true Champers, very true. And I do have a braod spectrum of friends. My oldest mate and I couldn't be more different. She is domesticated to a scarying degree, whereas I am the hooligan, but for some reason, we always end up having a blast when we see eachother.
Its best to ignore my rants like this..Its the crappy weather thats getting to me...

Champagne Heathen said...

Ja, I have heard rumours of that london weather.

Go & enjoy some mulled wine for me at the top of the tate modern. That can but only make you smile! ESPECIALLY if you can get a space on a couch there!