Tuesday, 06 February 2007

Obscutiry and Clarity

Fuck it!

I am never cracking a joke again. Ever.
My sense of humour is far too obscure to secure any giggles, so i give up.

Why did no one catch my kitten joke. (Which isn't a joke actually as I really do plan to get a kitten and name it Emo.) But it was still a good joke. It even took my sister Lollipop about 5 minutes to connect the dots.

So let me break it down for you.
Emo is associated with goth/black/screamo rock. See bands like Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, Lostprophets etc.
A little itty bitty white kitten is the total antonym of everything Emo.

Yet, in a way, the though of a kitten makes me feel all fuzzy and happy, pretty much what emo makes me feel too.

Moving on...

I had a bit of a Eureka moment on the train this morning. There I was, sipping my large coffee, contemplating my life and my job and the list of things i have to do before jetting off to the Apple store to go see The Fratellis. (and if you don't know who they are, then you're in trouble).
So my eureka moment happened when I was thinking about The Devil wears Prada and how in one scene, Stanley Tucci tells Anne Hathaway to stop whining and embrace her crappy job, because firstly, it is the oppurtunity of a lifetime and secondly, it won't last forever.
This made me think - I tend to bitch about my job a lot. when in fact, I'm whining. I hate whining. So no more whining from me. I'm going to embrace the property industry and hopefully, within a year, I can mmove onto bigger better things.

This is me being positive. Wish me luck.

No comments: