Wednesday, 21 February 2007

Karma Police

Today is a good day. Spring is rearing its pollen weilding head and the sun is shining. I have a shift tonight at the pub (which I actually enjoy). My boss is on a plan en route to Sri Lanka for the next month and I have a new phone.

Yep. I have a new phone. But the wierd thing is how I came to own it.

I worked late last night, cooled my heels at teh station waiting for the train, mostly uneventful ride to Waterloo where I changed onto the underground train all the while listening to my music and working on the constantly changing plot of my novel and in general being a good citizen.
So i'm on the train, half asleep when some random woman pokes my arm and points to the vacant seat next to me.
There, lying mere inches from my leg is a cellphone. But not just any phone. Its the identical model to the one i lost.

i think to myself...shit, some poor bugger is out there right now missingthier phone like I missed mine.
I tried to switch it on...dead. So I decided to take it home, charge it, see if there is a number on there I can call to return the phone.

No, really.

So I get home, charge it, and while munching a midnight dinner of a toasted tuna sarmie, I turn it on.
No Sim card.
So I check for photos.
nothing.

Oh well, I shrug to myself. No way to contact the previous owners. phoen is still in mint condition.
So I have a new phone. YAY!

And now I see there is this competition for Urban Chick Stories. I'm so going to enter...the only problem is...which story to use???

Right, best dive back into my java.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

shit how is that for luck.

Kelly (from Marlin)left her phone on a bus to Pietersburg. Luckily this afrikaans woman picked it up and called the last number on the phone: Mom's. So now Kelly must either transport herself to Pala Borwa or have the phone couriered to her parents place. Interesting

Anonymous said...

damn - now what are the chances that it's actually your phone?? that would make for a peachy ending huh?

DaveRich said...

Cool story, just goes to show you that the wheel always turns! Good for you.