Monday, 12 February 2007

Focusing is blurry

Over the weekend, I had a long hard think about what I'm doing and if I'm just fucking around or really trying to make a difference.

I came to the conclusion that I am, in fact, up to this point, stuffing up my changes to make anything out of myself.
So I made a plan, and by hell or high water, I am going to stick to it.

If I can only figure out how to concentrate on my job and the tons of work it includes. So from today, seeing as how its Monday and those are usually good days to make plans and resolutions and such, I am goign to be more focused on my job. And I will surprise my boss by just doing better and being more focused. I'm sure I can do it. I will be the most concientious employee he has ever had.
I just hope the right side of my brain has recieved the memo.

News from home: My mom has told me that my 15 year old sister - Fluff - has once again got herself grounded - for life!
She pulled the old 'i'll say i'm at yours, and you say you're at mine, when in fact we're somewhere else' scam on my mom over the weekend. The only reason she got caught was because her friend gave in a caved under the pressure. hehehehe. Oh yes, the joys of being 15 with rampant hormones and a figure to match. Sometimes I want to strangle her and other times I want to fly her over here to live with me. What do you do?

Onto other more exciting news, I have a new toy:



Yep, in the absence of a walkman phone, I got myself a Creative Zen V mp3 player. How cool is that? I now have music again!!! I've been using it to listen to the awesome mixes my mate Wicked Mike sent me as well as catching up on the tons of music i got my paws on. I'm rediscovering old faves and discovering great newbies.
The Smashing Pumpkins (discography), Green Day(pre-American Idiot), Damien Rice, Regina Specktor, Amy Winehouse, The Shins, Alkaline Trio, Blue October, Radiohead, John Mayer, The Strokes, The View, The Good, The Bad & The Queen, Lostprophets, Yellowcard, Cold War Kids, The Clash, Death Cab for Cutie and my guilty pleasure - Fall Out Boy.

Ah, yes, listening pleasure! But this is not the end of the list - oh no..there is more to come. As soon as I can get the albums. Oh, and if you are plannign to buy The Used Berth DVD/Cd - don't bother. It really is a bit of a let down. Rather wait for the studio release in May.

Now for some home grown talent - The Parlotones have a music video out for Beautiful.
Here it is:

2 comments:

ChewTheCud said...

dude - i was feeling like some easy listening last night and thus downloaded 13 albums of cafe del mar. help!

i have no player cos i dont listen to music on the go - thats way too fast paced for me ;P

Insane Insomniac said...

Chew - when you commute for up to two hours a day, and don't have the luxury of driving in the privacy of your own car and pissing off taxi drivers, instead getting very close to yoru fellow commuter, the music player is definitely a must.
Plus I have so much music to review, it helps to listen to it on the go.