Friday, 23 February 2007

Sorted

If there was ever a need for evidence as to how sick of a puppy I am, this would be it.
I have spent the morning trying to sort my music collection. yep. During working hours. I have been getting the album information off the web through media player and making sense of the chaos that makes up my music library, which I'm trying to rebuild after the crash of '06 and '07.

See, I prefer to have every song in my collection catalogued. Fully labelled with title, artist name, album and preferably year of release as well.
The problem with ripping cds when offline is that you don't get the info you need and then you have to trawl through lists of albums trying to choose the right one. Let's take Smashing Pumpkins for example.
I recently got my grubby paws on thier complete discography. That's all thier cds, right? Well, as I was looking for the right album information for the songs, I was bein given options of the "japan bonus track" release or the "australian" release etc etc. Let's just say, it fucked me right off!

I need to go through the labelled songs to see if I didn't put any live shows in with studio albums etc.
Granted, this could take me an entire weekend.
I need another hobby.
or a boyfriend.

Joyce was quiet last night, for a change. Could be due to me coming home at a normal hour (8pm) and keeping my headphones in, proceeded to clean my room and do my laundry. So much for an early evening!

2 comments:

DaveRich said...

I am having the same dilemna. Trying to put my entire cd and music collection onto my ipod. This is proving to be timeous and complicated. Itunes on a pc that is not permanently connected to the internet. Disaster. Making mistakes and learning as we go...

Anonymous said...

dude, whatever you do, back up all yoru music into media player on a seperate hardrive.Freakin iPods tend to just go whammy and lose everything. i hate apple/iPod/iTunes.