Tuesday, 19 December 2006

Festive Mess

Its the week before xmas. I'm trying really hard to summon up some enthusiasm about it.

wait...

i think....

Big Whoop.

Ok. There it is. My xmas jolliness.

Last night on the way home, I scraped the last few silver coins in my purse together and decided to try something new. I went to the Devonshire Arms. On the outside, a very pleasant looking Tudor style pub. On the inside, a meeting place for the alternatively inclined. And by alternative I mean rock/goth/metal etc. I managed to afford a half pint an sat at the bar taking in the strange hominess of the place. Maybe it was because it reminded me of the Doors pub and grub at home. Only without the couches and harder looking goths. Any other person I bet would be rather nervous venturing into such a underworld portal. I wasn't. Funny, that.

Anyone planning to go to the movies this holiday? check this out first

I'll get philosophical later today. I'm only one cup of coffee down so far.

No comments: