Sunday, 10 December 2006

The Holiday Update

Insano is back in the land of Broadband, rain, cold and apparently, tornadoes. That's right. While I was soaking up hot, humid S'Affer sun, London was hit by a real tornado! So I'm guessing its the new Kansas. hahahaha...oh forget it!

My brief holiday, in case you're even remotely interested, was on the whole pretty good. Didn't get to work on my tan, nor did i get to the beach. I did, however, keep a constant red wine induced fuzziness going the whole time I was there. I am currently awaiting my liver's resignation letter. I even manage (barely) to get some work done. Yes, I know, its not a holiday if you have to work, but let's just say my timing is not the best in the world. I am so glad to be back, though, i kissed our office wireless router as i came into the office this evening.

Spent a lot of time with my mom, hence forth to be known as Hot Momma. This is due to a unanimous decision reached at the Rabbit, that my mom was pretty hot - for a mom that is. Also hung out with The Boys.
Went ice skating on Thursday at Festival Mall. Was on such a roll until I fumbled, lost my balance and ploughed head first into the plastic barrier. Stuffed up my right knee, bashed my left arm and am sporting a rather fetching bump on my forehead. oh, yes and am mildly concussed. I totally rock!
Afterwards, I stayed on the sidelines taking photos. I prefer to have the ice rink to myself anyway.

Equal parts red wine and arnica oil got my through the night as well as a healthy dose of spasmed and neurofen. Gotta love pharmacuticals.
Also, inadvertantly, caused Cigar (one of The Boys) to be chosen to lead the conga line at Ramps to teh Locomotion. He wants to greet me by putting both arms up in the air - I take no responsibility for the timing.
Also crashed my dad's very sober reception by making a side trip and rocking up with a few bottle of champers - the ones you can drink with a straw. The expressions were priceless. Oh, and the bride had a mullet! short and teased on top with little ringlets along the bottom. EUGH!

On my flight back to London, my handbag was poulled aside by the Amsterdam Security. They had spotted a suspicious shape in my bag. As the pried and prodded, I pulled out a small gift wrapped item.
AS: Please open the package.
II: Why?
AS: Just please open it.
II: (Contemplates arguing, but scenes of pending strip search changes her mind)
I unwrapped the gift from my dad. It was a ceramic candle holder. The AS, who had moments earlier being whistling the theme tune to some western movie, swallowed his tune and allowed me on my way. I wonder what colour he would have turned had he done a more thorough search of my bag?
I never want to fly again!

Later...
So i'm on the plane ready for take off when we get told to get off as a security check had not been completed! Ten minutes later we were back on board and ready to leave. I really hate flying!

So here i am, a Sunday night, sitting in the office, trying to catch up the mountain of work that somehow piled up while i was away!

Did I get tagged for anything?

No comments: