Friday, 15 December 2006

Thankless Job

I hope you all enjoyed the videos I posted. I have an entire catalogue more, so i'll rotate them when i can.

Lollipop has rewritten Jingle Bells:

Now for the first step away from the American stereotype of what Christmas SHOULD be, I propose our own carols that do not involve 'sledding in snow' or 'roasting nut over a fire'

(to the tune of jingle bells)

Everytime this year, we leave for the coast
baking in the sun, going brown like toast
Families gather round, stories they will bring
standing near a braai, they begin to sing:

Oh, jingle bells, batman smells, what a stupid rhyme
if we had a better song we'd sing it all the time
so much cheer, so much beer, so much summer fun
I'll enjoy my cocktails full of good old spiced gold rum

No snow, it's never cold, we live by the pool
dancing in the lightning storms has never felt this cool
Christmas eve, Santa's here, for the good and bad
in his neon boxer shorts he looks a bit like...Dad!

Boerewors, lamb kebabs, salads, rolls and steak
Christmas lunch is never small, dont make that sad mistake
We dont need snow and bells, our Spirits are not wrong
My Uncle got his Christmas wish, a super stylish BONG!


I remember the day she wrote it. It was a nice hot sunday and we were stuck in church, when we could have been outside swimming and chilling. hehehe.

Started my second job last night. Bartending is like riding a bike. You never forget how to do it. Just learn the lay out of the bar and pretty soon you're pouring away. I forgot how much I actually enjoyed bartending. You get to meet pretty cool people, chat up hot guys, and by definition, the bartender is the coolest person there. I just haven't learnt how to do the whole Tom Cruise in Cocktails swirling of the bottles thing yet. But give me time!

I wanted to collapse when i got home, but P and Nats had other ideas. Being the unemployed and student means that bedtime is anytime. For the overworked and exhausted, its as soon as I find my bed. I nudged Nats aside (she sat on my bed as the TV is in the bedroom), found my KLM sponsored blankie and curled up and died.

The UK has really crappy cell networks. They charge you to check your voicemail, then if you can't cos you have no airtime, they send you reminders at god awful times of the morning (read anytime of the morning). They also don't have 'Please call me's and there is no signal in my office. Inconsiderate bastards!

Tonight, being friday night, I plan to go home and die in front of season five of Buffy. I have work tomorrow, from 11am til 7pm.
And despite my copious working and sendign money home, my sister still has the audacity to send me an email crapping me out for living the jet set life over here. If she only knew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well the carrol is not bad. Work tomorrow is. I will have to do a lot of reading later on as unlike you I'm on leave as of 16:30 today.

My Condolences to you
Spider