Monday, 11 December 2006

Friends and Opinions

During my recent jaunt back home, i was feeling a little philosophical and psychological. You see, during my extremely long, ardous, red wine addled, day flight of 13 hours, I sat and examined all the friends i've had over the course of my life. I also sat and analysed the type of person i am and how people percieve me.

Anyway, so i landed and met up with my friends and during my visit, on quiet moments would ask them: Why are you my friend?
This was usually met with a weary glance.
Just humour me, please.
The answers I got were mostly in the area of:
Because you're the coolest chick i've met.
You're fun to go out with.
You're entertaining.
You're sweet and nice and sugar and spice.
Because our paths keep crossing. (don't ask)

Its funny that i got these replies. I was expecting answers like:
Cos you're reliable and trustworthy and smart etc.

But then it hit me. I'm usually the last person my friends call if they're in trouble. And I have no idea why! I always say they can call me if the shit hits the fan, yet, it never seems to happen, cos i never get the call. I've never given them any reason to think i'm unreliable. Bloody hell! If one of them calls me from the border saying they've been arrested for smuggling or something, i'd be the first one in the car racing to bail them out. But even on a small scale. need a lift? call me! need cheering up? call me! hell, need to vent and fume, call me!!!

Maybe i have this all screwed around. Maybe being the good time friend is better than being the agony aunt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course they wont call you when they're in trouble because you are there starting the fucking trouble. Secondly, you are the agony aunt to Homosexuals. It's like you give them the confidence to come out the closet but then they realise life was simpler in the closet so they go to the next thing that looks like a closet - you (metaphorically speaking *cough*)