Sunday, 31 December 2006

New Year Ramble

So it's New Years Eve today. Everyone else I know is busy getting themselves ready to hit the streets and party like there's a liquor shortage! Me, on the other hand, will be pouring said liquor for said punters. Yep. I'm working on New Years Eve. No new years kissage for this old bird. Just work, work, work.

But working comes with its rewards.
For example.

the other night at the pub, I was relegated the job of wedging the lemons and limes. So while i'm playing with slippery fruit and a rather sharp chef's knife, I spaced and began working on a story i've started to write. I was able to plot out a sub plot, rewrite scenes etc. It was productive.

I was also able to do a little bit of shopping and partying this weekend. Went out with D and got rather drunk. Some lesbian was hitting on me at the hetro Dublin CAstle. Granted, I was more interested in the Italian stud she had with her. He was yummy. Lucy came over yesterday and we hung out in Camden. Bought some more bling for my hat and a bottle of DK Be Delicious, which was on serious sale!

I stat work at 7:30pm tonight and will find my bed tomorrow around 7am. Lets hope everyone comes and parties hard, tips me extravagantly (cos the brits don't tip at all!!!!) and has a good time.

Then its back to the office from the 2nd. bleh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there done that. hope you still manage to get some drinks in you before 5am though. Can't wait to here from you.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!