Thursday, 21 December 2006

Wet Pants

You gotta love living with a guy. Take yesterday for example. I called P knowing that he'll only rise at about 9am (joys of being a waiter) and reminded him of teh pile of laundry that he said he'd do. Apparently he did the laundry, cos by the time I dragged my exhausted carcass home, the pile was gone from the middle of the living room floor - don't ask.

I promptly passed out in bed (it was only 9pm). At about 12:30am, I was awoken by P and his cousin coming home. Have never met said cousin and left him sleeping on my couch this morning. I have work tonight and wanted to wear my jeans, so i asked P if he had hung up the laundry. He muttered something and disappeared for a while. I went back to sleep, but woke up a little later. Turns out that P put the laundry in the washer but didn't hang it up until I reminded him when he got home. If I ha known this, I would have hung it up myself.

SO today, I threw on damp jeans, which froze solid the moment I walked out the door. And yes, I only have one pair of jeans. I wil buy more the moment I can affor to.

But that isn't the end of my night. Oh no. After waking up the second time, I couldn't fall back asleep. I blame the few pots of coffee I drank yesterday at work. I was wired from about 1am til 3am, then dozed until 6am. Crawled out at 7am and made it to work in time for our end of year meeting/debriefing etc.

Now for the past few weeks, I have been contemplating leaving my current job for anything better paying, regardless of career progress etc. My boss outlined the strategy for next year and the sheer volume of work lining up was enough to make me want to hide under my desk. Overwhelmed just isn't the word. And just as I was running through my various options, up comes this proposition. Next year sometime, he will be looking to recruit an events manager.

Dammit! Thats the carrot to my proverbial donkey. Looks like i'll be sticking around.

Loaded the new media player update. Spent yesterday drooling over the new look and the options and downloaded some xmas songs - turns out i had none. SO now i'm getting all xmassy, well, kind of. maybe its just the cold that i'm mistaking for xmas spirit. SOOOO damn cold. Global warming my ass!

Blogville is also very quiet with the ghosts of bloggers on leave. Am I too much of a geek to not blog during the festive season? yes, I have no life. and due to this i'm looking forward to work tonight.

Ok, i'm actually looking forward to seeing one of my two bosses at the pub.

I am Insano, queen of the geeks. I embrace my geekness and lesser geeks must bow before me.

No comments: