Sunday, 10 December 2006

Ok, looks like little sister Lollipop has tagged me to reveal five things blogworld doesn't know about me. hmmm.....

1) I have the memory retention of a goldfish.
2) Until recently I had a very pathetic crush on someone. I'm over it now.
3) I miss singing along to songs while driving in my car
4) I alphabetise my cd/dvd/book collection.
5) I have the entire Terry Pratchett collection in pdf format on my computer.

Right, thats me revealed.

This past week back home was good. Dunno why Lollipop is bitching about lack of sleep, I hardly slept at all!
But, I was able to somewhat quell the voices in my head. They are now back to normal, not screaming and pushing. Maybe i should explain - I have a voice for each part of me. There's the liberal hippy, the corporate bitch, the 'Bridget Jones', the writer, the Virgo and the baby.

A typical conversation would run something like this:

The scene - I'm sitting on the train, reading NME on the way to work.
The Writer (W) - Man, I wish I could sit and write articles about music all day. I'm way better than these guys. They didn't even put The Fratellis in the top 50 albums!?!
The Corporate Bitch (CB) - Those poor journos don't earn much. Once I get this career going i'll be earning so much i don't have to worry about writing all day. Hmmm, The Kooks hit platinum status.
Briget Jones (BJ) - Oh, but that Gerard Way is hot. hmmm, so too is the guy two rows ahead of me. yummy. he probably has a girlfriend or he's gay.
CB: why are you worrying about whether he has a girlfriend. you've got work to do.
The Virgo (V) - First thing is to label all my files, then do my filing. Also need to organise my drawers at home. really should repack the book shelf and give it a good dusting. didn't i read somewhere that train seats are...ewwww
The Baby (B) - i want my bed. some hot chocolate.
BJ: A sugar daddy wouldn't be too bad either.
LH: Maybe I should just quit and go work in Switzerland as a ski instructor or move to China and study bee keeping.
CB: You'll earn far less money. And it snows.
BJ: And you don't know how to ski.
W: My Chemical Romance is only in 10th place?
BJ: But what a nice piccie of Gerard. that guy over there looks like Gerard.
V: ergh! Must disinfect hands once i get to the office.
W: wow, i have abrilliant idea for a story. once upon a time...
B: Bed, warmth, now.

So you get the idea.

this carries on all day and by the tien i went away, they were screaming at me!! But ten days and copious litres of wine later, i have quietened them. Wonder how long it will last.

No comments: