Wednesday, 13 December 2006

The UB40 Song

Somebody please ship me a container load of Myprodol. My brain has shrunk and every movement causes it to bang into the side of my skull.

Yep, yesterday was our end of year function with our clients. I had to arrange it all and lost a lot of sleep and hair due to it. We started the day at The Raceway indoor go karting track. It was all good until the competitive streak kicked in, which in estate agents is really strong. I kicked some ass, drove really well, but alas, did not win. Two of our photographers were in a team with my boss. both of whom are S'Affers. They won. Bastards.

Anyway, after a brutal day driving, i raced over to the drinks venue where i changed in the bathrooms and began quaffing cheap red wine. I'm thinking i drank about two bottles alone! I chatted and flirted and generally had a good time meeting the faces behind the emails. But, as the thing with wine, it suddenly hit me and i was bundled into a cab and went home.

This morning i overslept and crawled into the office around lunchtime. But i think i deserved the lie in. I worked my ass off and it was an all round success. Now my boss wants me to do this twice a year! Bleh!
Now the hard work starts. I have three marketing plans to do on top of all my other work and my brain just isn't co operating today. And tonight after work, i'm going for an interview for a second job as my first hardly pays. Wish me luck!

On other matters. I was reading a few magazines that listed thier top albums for the year. Pray do tell, why is The Fratellis not on the list?? It is one of the kick ass albums of the year! Way better than say, The Automatic. Wait, wasn't I going to compile my top fifty albums? granted I haven't even listened to 80% of my list, so i'll give you the list next year.

Now to find more pain killers. Not just for the hangover, but also for the sore shoulder blades, the bruised leg (steering coloum induced) as well as my ice skating injury. Yep, I'm a walking bruise. OW!

No comments: