Monday, 01 January 2007

Hob Nobbing

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

This little Insano had to work on New Years Eve. Got home at 5:30am after taking the night bus - serious lack of cabs around - had to walk home from Camden station in the rain through a freak two minute hail storm until i reached my nice warm comfy bed. I woke up this afternoon (2pm) to see blue skies and sunshine!!! Welcome back boys, i've missed you!

So i'm chilling at the bar last night watching the crowds arrive. Mostly the hip young and gay turned up. It was a club night called Rebel, Rebel. Felt like I was back at Ramp Divas with all my friends! Anyways, so I turn to Louis (my pint sized female boss).

Insano: Are you celebrity spotting?
Louis: Nah.
Insano: Oh, ok. but, if you see a celeb, let me knnow. I wouldn't recognise one if they hit me across the face.

Louis chuckled and we carried on preppig and pouring drinks. Man, do the gay men of London love thier Vodka!

So midnight comes and goes and I'm back behind the bar upstairs (we forced everyone to go downstairs for the countdown). Its all quiet when suddenly this guy walks up to me and says:

Guy: Happy New year. have you had a good one?
Insano: Apart from the working, yeah. Its been good.
Guy: cool. Are you serving drinks?
Insano: Not jut yet. in about five minutes.
Giy: coud I order a round for then.
Insano: sure.
Guy: Thanks and because its new year, get yourself one too....proceeds to order.
He then runs to the bathroom.

I'm pouring the drinks when suddenly it hits me! I'm pouring drinks for Will Young!!!



Well, he was just the nicest person! Also introduced me to his new boyfriend and bought me about five drinks!! Stylishly dressed ina white button up shirt with rainbow trimming.

Also got told by various gay men that I'm fabulous! They loved my specs! and, erm, I rock!

Which I did of course, behind the bar, to The White Stripes, Queens of the stone age, etc etc. I've perfect the ability to pour a pint while headbanging! I so totally rock!

So today, after i've posted this, I'm going out to find some healthy food - i'm up to my eyeballs in junk food from xmas - and then chill. tomorrow is, after all back to the office!

Will left before I could get a pic!

No comments: