Saturday, 06 January 2007

Adulthood...I think...

I think I've finally figured out why many adults I see everyday look sullen. Being an adult doesn't mean just having to deal with things like deadlines, psycho bosses, tube congestion, children, debt etc. It also means having to think about mundane things like 'Do i have washing powder?' or 'how many rolls of toilet paper is left?'.

Excuse me for being naive, but if being an adult means that you're constantly worrying about something as mundane as washing powder, then can I please go back to high school. At least there my only worry was if I would get past the bouncers at The Doors that Saturday night.

I hate having to worry about stupid things like that when I have bigger fish to fry. like worrying about where i'm going to get money for my April trip home and if i'll be able to save enough to go to varsity from next year.

I got asked the other day why i'm always busy planning things. Why don't I just chill. Why am I so impatient for things to happen?
Well, maybe this is a stretch for you to understand or believe, but humour me...

I have this gut feeling that for some strange, unknown reason, I'm not going to see thirty. I know, you're probably rolling your eyes, thinking - nutcase, paranoid, delusional, irrational, overreacting, drama queen. And my logical side completely agrees.

But what if on a small chance, I might be right? Then what? I'm not taking that chance, hence my deadlines and hectic schedule. And hey! If I see thiry-one, then I might just slow down a little.

Onto more positive thinking:

Its a Saturday night and the only thing i'm getting intimate with, is my washing machine.
See, I tried to teach P how to do laundry, seeing as how it needs to get done often, due to lack of clothing. Thing is, his lesson was held as i was running out the door to work.

Insano: P, make sure you put the hosiery in the mesh bag.
(P give blank look)
Insano: Stockings, P.
(light of recognision in P's face)
Insano: Right, seperate clothes, pour powder in the compartment on the right and the fabric softner in the other compartment, press no 3 then once its done, hang it up.
ok? (looks at watch as am really late)
P: yeah ok.
(head towards front door)
P:how do I seperate the laundry?
Insano: Black and everything else!

Well, P did the laundry and remembered to hang it all up, but it was a third of the pile i had building up, so tonight i'm doing it all. The Heinekens are helping the progress, as well as chilled tunes and the pint of Haagen Das I have waiting for afterwards.

I think at the end of the month, Nats and I need to go party. Dancing at Koko!! Its the nest best thing, seeing as how i can't find a ticket for any of the Fratellis gigs.

Ok, i've bored you enough with my mundane existance. I'm going to get back to hanging up my laundry now.

No comments: