Monday, 22 January 2007

Crazy old ladies

Judging from the blogs I’ve read this morning, its Monday. Well, it must be, cos I’m in corporate wear and staring at a computer screen. But you can never be too sure. After a while all the days begin to bleed into eachother and you lose track of what day it is, because all you seem to do is either stare at a screen or a draught tap.

Spent my weekend working – as usual.
came home from work to find Joyce in her usual spot, on the couch , watching TV. She points to my bedroom door.
Joyce: There's a message for you, duck. Dunno who left it.
Insano: *reads note* Erm, Joyce, this is yoru handwriting.
Joyce: Is it? What does it say?
Insano: Someone is coming to inspect the flat.
Joyce: Oh yes. You know, I can't do what I used to. But I won't go into a home.
Insano: *spots two third empty whiskey bottle nestled in crook of Joyce;s arm* Right. Ok. I'll be in my room. Good night.
*spent rest of night in my room, quietly.*
But also spent Saturday night getting drunk and lamenting about the state of the world, wrote some songs and bad poetry, then promptly passed out.
Sunday was laundry day. The problem with sharing a living room with your 82yr old landlady, is that while you’re using all available space to dry your clothes, with the fan going full blast to counter the icy cold damp outside, she insists on sitting on the couch, in her spot watching American Idols. I suggest she watch TV in P’s room, where its warm and quiet.
She scoffed at me!!!

Crazy old lady!

I really hope my payraise goes through...

Enough of me ranting…one day I’ll have an interesting, positive post. I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the positive post. counting the days!!!!1

Unknown said...

LMAO!!! More excellent material. Keep the craziness coming.