Wednesday, 03 January 2007

Reeving It.

Who here knows about Jim Reeves?

Right, all three of you who raised your hands, imagine a Jim Reeves soundtrack to your dream, only
when you wake up, you realise that Jim Reeves was NOT talking to you by celestial means. It was
your 81 year old landlady who hasn't quite realised that New Years Eve was over two days ago.

That's right. I woke up to Jim Reeves blaring from her living room. I went in to turn it down and found her
sitting upright on her couch dead - wait, sorry - sleeping. After a little shaking, she woke up and wished me
a happy new year.

Insano: Happy New year to you too Joyce. Shouldn't you get to bed?
Joyce: Oh no, duck! I don't want to miss the new year.
Insano: Erm, Joyce? New Years was two days ago. It's Wednesday, the 3rd of January.
Joyce: you're a good girl.
Insano: Thanks. I'm going to go shower now.

Don't take this as selfish, but i am sick and tired of having to look after people. I'm looking after P
and Joyce. They're not my responsibility! Joyce's kids want to move her into an old age home.
Rent be damned, cos I agree with them. This bird needs 24hr care. She's losing it!

So my hunt for a flat has begun. I've decided to look for a one bedroom place. No more flatmates!
No more people trooping in and out at odd hours.
2007 will be my year of living alone. 22 years of sharing a house has come to an end!

Call me selfish, inconsiderate, and other such names. But at least I'll be able to get a decent nights sleep.
hell, maybe i'll even get myself a cat.
or three.

I also gave P his notice to move out to his own place. He's not very happy with me, but its either that
or someone will have to bail me out on murder in the first.

Onto more pleasant news:

Train fares are going up by 33%.
The temperature keeps falling.
I can't get tickets to the Barenaked Ladies gig in Feb (they're not yet available)
And, someone drank the last of my hot chocolate.

I'm going to find a corner and stew fo rthe rest of the day. Preferably to The Used.

2 comments:

Champagne Heathen said...

Good luck with finding space! I think I might have to wish you a winning lottery ticket too though, to afford the rent for a single space in London! Just send flatmate off to look after Granny.

Anonymous said...

It gets worse. Since I posted this yesterday, my day turned from strange to completely bizarre!