Monday, 15 January 2007

Why Bother?

So as most of you could have guessed, I spent my weekend working. Not only at the pub, but also at home.
Got home pretty late on Saturday from my morning shift, so i crashed. Sunday saw me hopping down to Tescos, loading up on washing powder and spending the day doing my laundry. While I was waiting for the machine to finish, did a pretty thirough clean then sat and sorted my music. had albums with no titles or anything, so I found the various covers and filled it all in.

Yes, I rule!

Although, I found an album that had no cover, no titles or anything. The opening song had this voice saying it was Alfred Hitchcock and this was music to die to. Creeped me right out! Wonder where i got it from?

So with 2007 in full swing, I looked ahead to see what was releasing this year and i have to admit, i'm not exactly quivering with excitement. Apart from Norah Jones, Dido, Fuzigish and (don't you dare laugh) Fall Out Boy releasing fresh material, nothing else seems interesting. Oh yeah, Cooper Temple CLause and Bloc Party, but they haven't grown on me and i'm sceptical about the new kaiser chiefs too. Oh, wait! The Used are releasing a new album. I like this band, even though the frontman seems to have this one sided feud going with Gerard Way - he of MCR fame.

On my walkabout last night in Kensington, I found the EMI building as well as Warner Music. I may need to start camping on thier doorstep with my CV demanding a job there as a tour assistant. Cue my getting kicked out of the area faster than you can say 'But i didn't mean to salivate all over Robbie Williams shoes.'

As for life in London - This morning, as I was halfway down the road, i relaised i left my laptop at the flat, so i hightailed it back, grabbed the sodding thing and raced back to the station (as fast as my bitch boots could carry me). I then had to wait 10 minutes for my train, then a further 15minutes at Waterloo station. WE then get to Queenstown Road station when the train stopped and didn't go any further. I, of course, was catching up on my sleep and was awoken by the conductor sayign i need to listen to the announcements. FYI - there weren't any.
I then caught the first train only to discover it was going to another part of town. hopped out at the next stop and had to wait a further 10 minutes for the next train to get to work. A five minute walk later and i was in the office. What a Monday morning! And its only 11am.

Nats has moved out, so things are slowly going back to normal, except that P is still living with me and still looking for a job. I hate to admit it, but he is screwed! Over here, he has the skills, but there aren't any jobs for refrigeration technicians and back home, he doesn't have a license, so he can't get any job! He also suffers from ADHD and verbal diahorria. Maybe I should move him out to Leyton. He may fit in there. All I know, is that i want my flat back the way it was. Just me and Crazy Joyce. No one using all my washing powder and finishing the milk, making me walk to the shops to buy some, even though i don't use any!

But despite my bitching and ranting, I'm having a pretty good time over here.

No comments: