Tuesday, 09 January 2007

My Favourite Things

Taking my cue from The Sound of Music, I've decided to make sure I see something I like everyday. Its just been far too much doom and gloom around here for the past few weeks. So this morning i realised that dawn is my favourite time of day. Granted, the fact that i'm usually getting my best sleep between the hours of 4 and 6am means that i don't see many dawns, but i guess thats what makes me like it even more. The colours of the sky, the peace and quiet, the calm. I like walking through the streets at that time of day, whether its coming home from a gig or on my way to work.

Another reason my mood is so good is that yesterday, my boss and i had a meeting about this newsletter thing that i'm supposed to do for our clients. During this meeting, I asked him what he thought of my new logo design ideas and he said he loved them! And he said his PA is really impressed with me. Now, believe it or not, this is no easy feat. Impressing the PA is like winning a reputable talent show (and i'm not talking about Idols). So during the meeting he asked me about my April trip home. I explained its for visa purposes and from May, I need to be registered as a freelancer so that i can continue working legally. He pished at the idea and said he'll sponsor my visa. Having done it before for two other employees, he is more than happy to do so. So a lot of strain has been taken off my back.
Now there's just the whole requirements issue, and the skiing trip in Feb, which he wants to open to clients too.
Great! Now I'm definately not skiing.
I'll just stay at the chalet and build snowmen. Besides, i don't own any skiing clothes and last I checked, denims weren't part of the outfit.

I posted some new music vids below!! Check them out! Ok, so they're not brand new, but they're ones i like. The Smashing Pumpkins one I dig purely because of its lyrics.
Which is another favourite thing of mine.

Carrying on from what Peas posted this morning about her and Ant's Horoscope for the year, let me share with you what an internet source says about Virgo for 2007.

1) Uranus in Pisces is to blame for any shit that has happened since 2003. However, seeing as how it plans to stay in the neighbourhood until 2010, you're pretty much screwed for the next three years.

2) Your need for freedom intensifies this year -- at times creating anticipation and eagerness -- but you may be confused by the wide range of choices. With Jupiter, the planet of expansion and reward, in your 4th House of Home and Family this year, you might not want to leave the house. Still, your desire for grand adventure is stimulated by a long-lasting dynamic square between optimistic Jupiter and erratic Uranus. Don’t try to restrain your need for independence much, or you might find yourself vicariously living out your life through the actions of unconventional people. Your attraction to unorthodox and even irresponsible friends or lovers can, in turn, vitalize your spirit at the expense of reducing your serenity.
Ja, ok. So I'll like being single the rest of the year. Right? or does it mean I shouldn't get arrested?

3) Apparently there are four eclipses this year that will completely screw with you. For example:
On 3 March, the lunar eclipse will make you very short tempered, so stay in bed with a pint of Haagen Das instead.
On March 18, a solar eclipse will turn you into a green eyed monster. So stay in bed.
On August 28, a lunar eclipse will send a debt collector over. Make sure you're all paid up or you may lose your knee caps.
On September 11, the solar eclipse will cause you to have a near death experience, making you realise that life is short and you need to get yoru ass in gear or it may pass you by.

On the romantic front, looks like you'll still be a singleton until December, but 2008 looks promising!

In short, 2007 looks like one long duvet day! Bring it on.

PS - Lollipop, email me! I don't have your new work addy.

No comments: