Saturday, 20 January 2007

With flatmates like these...

With the hours i work, i hardly spend time at the flat. I get in after 1am and i'm out again by 8am. Weekends, if i'm not working, i'm in my room quietly reading, working, sleeping or doing laundry.
And despite this, I always end getting a compliant directed at me from P either directly from him or what he deciphered in Joyce's r2d2 clicking. And its enough to fuck me right off.
Stupid things like -
Insano, next time you leave you drying washing in your room, please open the window so that it doesn't go all funny smelling.
Excuse me? My laundry was in MY living room (which is airy and had the fan going to circulate the air etc). I get home and P had moved the racks into my tiny stuffy bedroom cos Joyce wanted to watch TV. Note here - the laundry is in no way obstructing the tv.
And then they complain about what happens when the laundry makes teh damp smell come out of the carpets???

I know, its a stupid reason, but its not the only one. A week rarely goes by without a call from P saying that Joyce is complaining about something or another. This is not something i wat to hear when my workload just cracked my fourth vertabrae. And nine out of ten times, the complaint is groundless, having taken seed in the whiskey addled logic of an 82 yr old pensioner.

P and i had a big row about him calling me at work (i'm too busy and he pisses me off everytime he calls), calling me from the pub when he's drunk and knows i turned down his original invitation, sms'ing me nearly every night to find out when i'll be home (in atrocious spelling and grammar) and then bitches at me for drinking his last two beers, when he in fact finished the bread and didn't replace it so i had no supper! ARGH!!!

My review is happening at the end of the month. I'm really hopin gi get the raise, cos then i'll look for a place of my own, on my own. I can't live with other people anymore! When i'm stressed and ovverworked and generally exhausted, I tend to get anti social, especially when i need to hang out with P. In fact, aside from my jobs, i want to not have to report to anyone else. I don't want to have to tell people when i'll be home, or when to expect me (cos I often don't know myself). I don't want to go do my laundry only to find that all my washing powder is finished - used on three items washed inumerable times. I don't want to have to be the happy smiley person all the time. Sometimes i want to mooch in fron tof the tv in my pjs with a face pack on eating Haagen Das, drinking beer and watching chick flicks. An dnot have to worry who is going to arrive or bitch about the fact that i'm using the tv the one night of the week i can!!!

Sorry, enough ranting. I'll post something positive tomorrow or monday. Right now, i need to race to get to the pub - day shift!

No comments: