Wednesday, 17 January 2007

Ramblings...

So my mate Dan and I were sitting last night at this Chinese take out place before the Water Rat gig and he was positively drooling about some software he got from a friend which will enable him to record music. He is, afterall, a musician.
I got pretty excited about this for him.

Next thing I know, we’ve decided that I’ll be co-writing the songs and doing back up vocals.
Ok. That’s cool.
Only, my creative kick comes in after three beers, or a few shots of tequila. He turned to me, with all seriousness and said: Well, you better start drinking.

Uhh, as if I’ve ever stopped?

So who knows…maybe, one day, I’ll be collecting an award for best song.

In the meantime, things are going crazy over here! The office is under so much pressure. Our clients want to double their orders and we’re battling to keep up, so I think its time we hire more staff, get newer computers and move offices – closer to Camden, so I can walk to work.

Speaking of work – watch out world, podcasting is taking over!!!! I have spent the better part of an hour trying to describe to a woman why podcasting will benefit her company. She kept going on about how technically savvy her mother is, but she doesn’t have time because she has kids etc etc. Uhh, ok. Maybe its because I’m a geek, but as much as I hate associating with Apple and iTunes, podcasting and video content is the way to go. I think the day SA gets broadband (not via Hellkom) technology will grow in leaps and bounds over there as it has here.

No comments: