Tuesday, 16 January 2007

Fear and Loathing



I have finally realised why I prefer a creative job to an operations job – the phone.
Over the course of the past two days, I have come to loath the sound of my phone ringing, knowing that when I answer it, some irate client will be on the other end demanding things I can’t even begin to fathom!

I want to unplug it, put on my headphones and get lost in my own work to the soundtrack of MCR and other angsty bands. I find I do my best work when left undisturbed and isolated in my own little universe. Now I have this damn phone interrupting every few minutes! May it burn in hell!

If people want to contact me, email is the best way to go! Why haven’t they cottoned onto this revolutionary idea? They say a phone that rings more than four times produces stress. The mere sight of my phone is enough to induce unwarranted levels of stress. And because we’re a team in an open plan office, I can’t even unplug it! Dammit!

I’ll be so glad when we get some more help in here.

No comments: