Thursday, 11 January 2007

Flash Floods

I've come to the decision that if the world should end due to a nuclear fall out [caused by some UN official actually FINDING weapons of mass destruction and getting so excited at the idea jumps up and down, landing against the detonator and feeling very stupid for about five seconds], the next ice age due to global warming, or halle's comet finally deciding to visit instead of pass by, i just wouldn't care. I would actually embrace the ending of the world right about now.

Why?

Well, in the space of 24 hours, I messed up a very important ad, forgot to scan and email some very important things to a VIP, nearly knocked my boss unconcious at the pub with a badly aimed elbow, and i made joyce cry. I am a bad person. very bad.

Let me explain.
My boss comes to me on Tuesday saying he wants to place an ad in a very important magazine for a position opening here. I had to do the copy and layout. Only problem is, my little ol' laptop isn't big enough to handle design programs, so i handed it over to the designer with the specs. I think she did a great job. Before I raced off to my second job, I told her to first show it to the boss, then email it off.
So I then get to work at the pub and during the night, somehow, nearly end up giving my cute boss a blue eye with my elbow! yes, my elbows can be dangerous, but thats what happens when you step up behind someone when they're trying to open a bottle of wine!
I then go home, totally buggered seeing as how this is my second very late night in a row after a hectic day. I sneak into the flat, and slink into my room to get ready for bed. Suddenly I get an sms from Nats, whose sleeping shape i passed in my living room. She's asking me to turn off my music. Music? I'm not playing music! So i ignore it and carry on. Then she calls me - Insano, please turn off your music.
Nats, I reply, I'm not playing any music.
Then where is it coming from? she slurs sleepily. Remember, this is about 1:30am.
I step out through the living roomand into the passage. The music is coming from Joyce's room. She puts the radio on and forgets how to turn it down. So i knocked softly and there she was, sitting on her bed - drunk as a skunk!
Joyce, could you turn the music down a little? I ask over the blaring of Lennon.
What duck? she asks, clearly confused.
Joyce, it's 1:30 in the morning. Nats and I need to get some sleep, we have to work tomorrow. I leaned over and tried to turn the volume down. i turned it too far and it turned off. Oh fuck. Granted, this radio is from like, the first world war, so its not user friendly.
Sorry Joyce. i cringe. i'll turn it back on. Insano fiddles with dials, hopelessly stuffing up the radio further. Joyce continues to sit on her bed.
That was our song. My boys. she starts to mumble, then bumble then the tears come.
Could the world please swallow me now. I hate it when old people cry. They make me feel very crummy. I bade a hasty retreat to my bedroom and crawled under the covers.
Ten minutes later, my living room door is pushed open, noisily. I hear Joyce and Nats through the thin wall.
Nats: yes joyce? whats the matter?
Joyce: Oh. I just wanted to see where you were.
Nats: I'm right here.
Joyce: you ok? you want a hot drink?
Nats: No, thanks Joyce. I just want to sleep.
Joyce: you don't want anything?
Nats: just some sleep. thanks Joyce.

joyce leaves, talking to herself in funny clicks (sounding like R2D2 without the sarcasm)

Nats moves into her own place on Friday. Thank goodness! Paul is still jobless, so his move has been rescheduled until further notice.

Fast forward to this morning, the first thing i get is a phone call from my boss saying he wants the copy changed. So i forward the changes onto the designer. He then tells me that the designer was there until late doign the ad and that the two of us need to figure out a way of working together. Basically making me feel guilty for having a second job. I would like to point out that if it wasn't for this second job, I wouldn't be able to afford getting my first job! And its only twice a week anyway. So, yeah, i'm having a bad day.

However, trust MTV to give me something to laugh about. Pete Wentz - he of Fall Out Boy fame - got into a fight with security at his own concert! The story is here and the clip is below:

4 comments:

ChewTheCud said...

too clear where your blog name comes from insano. If nobody died though, then it was a good day no matter what ;P

Insane Insomniac said...

true. although sometimes you think that certain deaths would make the day far better...no?

Anonymous said...

Hey fellow insomniac. Great site, full of familiar four-in-the-morning thoughts. Thanks for the link.

Thought you should know that the page is totally f***ed if you view it Firefox, think it's got something to do with the videos.

Later

Insane Insomniac said...

Hey Muso,
not too sure what foxwire is, but i'll check it out and see if i can fix it.

thanks for reading!